[OM] Re: Print Films (was "Agfa 50")

Subject: [OM] Re: Print Films (was "Agfa 50")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:16:22 -0500
At 01:49 PM 4/15/2000 -0000, you wrote:
>I've been trying different films (for colour, sharpness, ...). I've tried
>royal gold 100, Reala 100, agfa 50. I have two more rolls to try nps 160
>and nphh 160. Anything else I should try ?
>
>Alan

On my recent trip to Utah etc. I shot Konica Impresa 50.  I wanted a print
film whose grain would rival the slide film I was using, Provia F.  Well,
it doesn't, but it's better than any other color print film I've used by K,
F, or A.  I think this film has been around for a while.  Its palette is
different from the Fuji and Kodak films you mention: it's a somewhat cool
film. It maybe drifts a little toward cyan.  Seems quite good for skin
tones.  The grain is really excellent, possibly slightly at the expense of
resolution/sharpness.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA