Re: [OM] {OM} OT new nikon rangefinder

Subject: Re: [OM] {OM} OT new nikon rangefinder
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:32:02 EDT

RE
I was seriously considering picking up a used Leica - maybe around the end of this summer and maybe a 35mm summicron or summilux. I was even thinking about the 50mm noctilux.[outrageously expensive] I've been reading alot about Leicas system cameras on the web lately,but I sure want to learn a lot more before I take that plunge and if I can,I'll rent one . But,since I keep reading the photo mags and internet news and rumor mill info--Now I'm gonna take the wait and see position because it sounds like alot of new [retro] stuff is on the horizon[like the Nikon]Besides,who knows what leica will come out with next? Maybe I'll settle for something a little less retro.--- Since I was on a pretty tight budget last year,and wanted to try out slr cameras,I picked up an OM 2000 last summer,[a wonderful camera even though not a system camera] then bought a Samyang 18-28mm zoom. The ultra wideangle lenses are a lot of fun to work with.A Zuiko 50/1.4 vivitar 100/3.5 macro and in the future a Zuiko 35/[?] and a fast telephoto will do me fine....I think.---It's the beginning of the addiction...isn't it?
       Then I want an OM4Ti an OM 3Ti an OM2
       Then I want a Zuiko 21mm/2 a 50mm/2 a 90mm/2 a 100mm/2
       a 180mm/2 a 250mm/2 etc...

                                      J.S.