[OM] Pancakes

Subject: [OM] Pancakes
From: "David Jenkinson" <Dangerous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:57:10 +0100
Hiya Gary,
Gary wrote:
> Hum , I wonder who claimed that?  It has fine corner image detail,
> detail improves fast by f/2.8, with wide open performance suitable for
> snapshot type/quality enlargements only. Price/performance-wise, at
> current market value it isn't a justifiable purchase, IMHO.<<
Yes, the hype about these lenses (theres 2 or 3 on ebay now) is madness.
I've spent a lot of time on your website...quite a piece of work!
On the strength of your site I've given up waiting for a 50/1.4 MC and an
85/2 to turn up, and am now happily playing with my "Made in Japan" 50/1.8
and my MC 100/2.8, which suit me down to the ground.

Cheers
Dave