Re: [OM] OT - good basic paper/developer recommendation?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - good basic paper/developer recommendation?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Apr 2000 13:19:23 +1000
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I wrote:
> > When reversing a Zuiko for macro, some clever fiddling with a rubber
> > band can keep the step-down lever in position.    On many Zuiko
> > lenses it's easier to use a fairly strong rubber band around the whole
> > lens barrel to hold the DoF preview button down.

Gary Edwards <garyetx@xxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:
> The even easier way to hold a reversed lens stopped down is a non-auto
> extension tube....

If I had some OM-mount extension tubes, I probably wouldn't be
buggerizing around with an OM->M42 adapter, a set of M42 tubes, and an
M42 reversing ring.

Having the right tool for the job is so much easier of course...

(actually, thanks for the tip.  I'll keep an eye out for a short
non-auto OM tube, which probably woudln't have interested me
otherwise.)

cjb.

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope Torture & Indulgences
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology