[OM] Brom Kadette - first impressions

Subject: [OM] Brom Kadette - first impressions
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:40:33 +0000
I received my Brom Kadette tripod today from B+H. It cost 99$. I like it so
far. Each leg has 3 wood (ash) sections and can be independently set. They
are held in place by a friction bolt with handle for tightening or by a stop
pin. The pin is retractable to allow the leg to go all the way up. The leg
ends have a pointed screw thread with a rubber threaded foot to give you
with a spike or a rubber tip. The knobs and handles for tightening things
seem large enough and easy to turn. It comes with a 5 year warrenty. The
center column is secured with a knob-adjusted friction collar and is
reversable if you unscrew the cap at the bottom of the column. The column is
aluminum, and the main casting that everything attachs to is probably cast
aluminum (non-magnetic) painted flat black. The wood in the legs is not fine
furniture finished, since they could have been sanded a bit smoother before
a clear coat was applied. At least I think there's a finish coat on it. If
not, I'm going to put danish oil on it to protect it - maybe. It appears to
be a good value for the money.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright