RE: [OM] OM-PC construction

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-PC construction
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:55:09 EDT
In a message dated Fri, 7 Apr 2000  5:42:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hans van
Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'll change the description of the OM-40/PC in the e-SIF because it doesn't
> seem to be accurate. I got the info about the brass bottom and top from the
> list, but of cource John should know since he must have dismembered many of
> them.
> I still wonder why the OM-40/PC is 30g. heavier (460g. vs. 430g.) than the
> OM-10_20_30_F_G
> Isn't there some mechanical improvement?

Some guesses for where the extra weight might come from:

1) sub mirror assembly for metering (of course the CdS cells in the finder are
gone)

2) DX contacts

3) extra linkage for diaphram control in program mode

4) that bulky (but comfortable) hand grip

These are just guesses, though.

Paul Schings