Re: [OM] Back from Utah, on list again

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Utah, on list again
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:31:54 -0500
At 01:39 PM 4/5/2000 -0700, Charlie L. wrote:
>Hi Joel, welcome back.
>Two questions,  what type of pack did you use, and did you
>shoot all day or just the magic hours?
>
>Looking forward to your posts on the trip.
>Charlie L.

Thanks, Charlie. I took two packs: a LowePro Compact AW and LowePro Orion.
I had to shift gear a little when I would use one or the other for hikes.
The Orion hip pack works well for me, if I judge the right lenses to take.
I have a backpack harness for the Compact AW, which basically replaces the
normal shoulder strap and allows one to carry the Compact AW on the lower
back instead of to one's side.  It works pretty well, though it is a little
hard to get on and off.  It seems to be made for the newer, deeper packs,
but it will work sufficiently well for a traditional pack like the Compact AW.

We *planned* our shots for morning and evening and drove in between.  This
largely worked out, though we tried to find things to shoot whenever we
could with the light we had.  Basically, if we weren't driving we were
shooting, or hiking, or sleeping, or blowing in the wind. :-)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA