[Fwd: [OM] OM10 & OM2000]

Subject: [Fwd: [OM] OM10 & OM2000]
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:31:46 -0400

--- Begin Message ---
Subject: [OM] OM10 & OM2000
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:30:41 -0400
Hi Alex,
I'll join the ranks of those recommending an OM-1.  However, if you
would like to do it less expensively then I'd recommend (in order of
increasing price and features) an OM-G or OM-PC (OM-40 in Europe).  The
OM-G is what the OM-10 should have been (full manual control built in
along with the auto) and the OM-PC is what I'd call the consumer's
version of the OM-2s.  No interchangeable screens and no spot meter but
instead, a sophisticated, 2 zone metering system.  Works well and
provides manual, 2 different auto modes and programmed exposure.

Some on this list like the OM-2000 since it has some nice features at a
low price.  However, if the shutter speed ring isn't on the front of the
camera, to me it's just not an OM.  Everything labeled OM takes the same
set of lenses but not necessarily all other accessories.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

Alex said:
My 17 year old daughter is taking for the first time
photography classes in High School and needs a 35 mm SLR camera.
I would like to by her an Olympus body. I thought of
an OM 10 or an OM 2000.  Since I don't know much about
these cameras I need some advice. Are these OK for learning?
Can the zuiko lenses, used for OM1 and OM2, be used with the OM10 or
OM2000?

--- End Message ---