Re: [OM] Light leaks

Subject: Re: [OM] Light leaks
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:59:37 +0100
Jodi Jakeway wrote:
The last five rolls have slight streaking at the neg edges and the prints
have a slight lightening at the edges where this streak occurs.  ...  I shot
and developed a roll this afternoon and the streaks are still on the neg
edges, although the images look pretty good.

It's a bit soon to suffer from foam deterioration. I don't know the 2000 but
does the back flex when closed?  It could be a problem external to the
camera - for instance, are the last five rolls from the same bulk load, or
could a changing bag have sprung a leak?
You could isolate the camera as the problem by black taping up the back
after loading a film and removing it only after rewinding the film.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry