Re: [OM] Mangled messages

Subject: Re: [OM] Mangled messages
From: RHS Linux User <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:41:01 -0800 (PST)
It's probably Zuiko. Yours was the last message sent before a catastrophic
disk failure last night. It's up and running again, but I don't know for
how long. This is the third time it has crashed in 2 days while I've been
trying to get the data off of it.
It's a 6 year old Micropolis SCSI drive which now sounds like a jet
engine... I have it running with a cooling fan placed on top in
hopes it will keep going long enough to finish the file transfer.

Provided it doesn't crash again, there should be a short downtime around
11:00am PST while I reboot and toss the old hard drive in the lake...