Re: [OM] <ot>tmount-like adapter on lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] <ot>tmount-like adapter on lens?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Mar 2000 09:29:35 +1000
Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> Keep an eye out for a Leica 1 at your next garage sale and you'll have
> a nice body for it. :-)<<<
>
> Cool! Majorly cool! Will it couple with the rangefinder mechanism
> somehow? (else there is no way to confirm focus).

I was kidding about that.  If the lens is designed for a reflex
camera, you'd need an extension tube to use it on a rangefinder
body, and then you'd have no way to focus it.

Actually, some of the way long lenses for the Leica rangefinders
worked that way---there was a reflex mirror and pentaprism that
mounted on the rangefinder body, and then a 400mm lens mounted on
that.  Scary stuff.

Anyone know what SLR cameras used 39mm?
(Hmmn, wonder if I can find the answer myself?)

     /---------------------------\
     | Christopher is searching  |
     |        Please Wait        |
     |                           |
     |          [ OK ]           |
     \___________________________/

Ah, there we go.  Some Zenit SLRs.

BTW, The commonly called "Pentax" M42 screw mount was actually
developed by Carl Zeiss in 1939.  Still, even I call it "pentax screw"
most of the time (and M42 otherwise).

cjb.

ObOly: if anyone has the power to stop me spending $50 on a new Shoe 1,
        please speak now. (i.e. anyone got a usedie for sale?)

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope Torture & Indulgences
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology