[OM] 50mm 1.8 versions

Subject: [OM] 50mm 1.8 versions
From: "Neil Bell" <neil.bell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:40:38 -0000
Hi,

I'm only a very occasional user of this list, so apologies if this is old hat,
but I wonder if anyone could confirm my suspicions that there are noticeable
color differences between different versions of the 50mm 1.8. I really liked
the pictures I got from my old 1.8, which unfortunately I managed to ruin (by
embarrasing means which I'm not going to talk about!) - it was one of the later
"Made in Japan" versions. The replacement I now have says "MC" and "Japan" on
the front but I'm sure that the pictures I get from it have a duller, greyish
cast compared to the warmer, more vibrant colours I seemed to get from my old
lens. Are the coatings different? Has anyone else noticed this or have I just
been taking too many pictures on cloudy days of late? I was using Fuji velvia
then as I am now.

Cheers,

Neil.