[OM] Zuiko glass.......no flames (please)

Subject: [OM] Zuiko glass.......no flames (please)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:55:40 -0600
Well, I got the impression (again) that if I was going to sell some Zuiko
glass, I should mention it here first, so here goes. I'm going to start
trickling them onto ebay tomorrow night, so let me know if you're
interested.  I tried to be fair on the prices, but if I am high, please just
tell me.  I didn't post links to pictures, but email me if you're interested
and I will provide them for you.  Boy, I hope this is ok,as the last time
was a disaster.

I cleaned out the closet today and even surprised myself with having too
much glass.  I don't even know how I got some of it, guess in packages, but
some must have been 'extra'.  That's happened a couple times where a lens,
like a 50, just shows up in the box.  Once a 50 3.5 Macro!

The biggest reason I'm doing this is I'm terrified my wife will open the
closet door. Oh boy.

In most cases, I based the pricing on Skip's ebay averages. If it's in
really great shape, I went a little above the average auction price. If it's
just very good, I went a little below.

I don't know, honestly, in some cases whether they are single or
multi-coated. I forget whether green or purple is good. I can go look if
you're interested.

For everything, I offer a 'return policy'.  If you don't like it or just
change your mind in a week or so, just send it back and I'll refund your
money (except shipping). Pretty much everything should be under $5 shipping,
even with insurance, in the U.S.

I don't expect to do this again, as I've wound down my buying. I've got a
nice setup now and will just look around for a few nice 'fill-in pieces'.  I
am open to trades too, especially if you have a 35-80 sitting in your closet
(or a 65-200).

28 3.5 - Very good condition.  Wear on the aperature ring and on the filter
ring. Not dented, just a little wear, I guess from putting the filter on and
off.  S/N 281926

Asking $55

28 2.8 - Excellent Plus condition. No visible wear.  Just a nice lens. S/N
220137

Asking $95

50 1.4 - Excellent condition. Some wear noticeable on the aperture ring S/N
603360

Asking $55

50 1.4 - Excellent or Excellent Plus. Really no noticeable wear. S/N 586382

Asking $70

50 1.4 (MC) - Excellent condition. Wear noticeable on the aperture ring.
S/N 1052247 (>1M)

Asking $75

50 1.4 - Excellent plus - Yes, I do have this many 1.4, which is why I am
selling them.  S/N 427289

Asking $70

Somehow I ended up with several 50 3.5 macros and just need one, so:

50 3.5 Macro - Excellent condition. Minor wear on the aperture ring - S/N
208804.

Asking $140

50 3.5 Macro - Excellent condition. Marked MC.  Really no wear - S/N 171257

Asking $155

85 2 - I guess I'd call this one very good to excellent. There is wear on
the aperture ring and the rubber around the focus ring is slightly loose
(just the rubber, not the ring itself).  I've used this lens a lot, as I
love it, so I know the pictures are perfect. S/N 123720

Asking $220

100 2.8 - Excellent plus, really great condition.  Comes with a hard case
that's in sad shape - S/N 148321

Asking $135

100 2.8 - Excellent plus, also in great condition. No case. S/N 151485

Asking $132

135 2.8 - Excellent plus, great shape, S/N 116133

Asking $125

135 2.8 - Excellent plus too.  S/N 102326

Asking $125

135 3.5 - Excellent plus, really great shape, worn hard case S/N 295865

Asking $75

135 3.5 - Excellent plus also, better case, S/N 123106

Asking $80

35-70 3.6 (yes, the 3.6) - Comes with a screw cap, which is interesting.
The lens is in what I would call Very Good shape. There are some cleaning
marks on the front, very fine scratches.  They haven't affect the picture
that I can tell, but I like to be very honest in my selling. The rest of the
lens is perfect. Average ebay is $212, but I'll knock off $50 for the
scratches.

Asking $162

85-250 5 - This is a cool zoom and in perfect shape, no marks, no wear.
Looks unused. This one does not have the tripod mount (it uses the mount
from the 300).  I like this a lot, but own another one.

Asking $305

I've got a few non-Zuikos, but I thought I'd send them directly to ebay. If
you're interested, write me and I'll describe them.  A couple of people have
written me earlier about lenses, so I'll offer them privately too and they
get first dibs.

One last thing.  I've got Mint+ macro lenses I'm selling. Some people have
inquired on them too, so I'm writing them personally. They are so nice, I'll
put them in a separate email.

Thanks.  If this annoyed you, I hope you just hit delete.

Tom