Re: [OM] Olympus OM-3Ti and OM-4Ti Mirror Lock Up

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-3Ti and OM-4Ti Mirror Lock Up
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:21:27 -0600
At 08:44 PM 3/18/2000 EST, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm curious to know if mirror stopdown is the same as mirror pre fire as
>described in Herb Kepplers Pop Photo article.
>I know the OM2000 has mirror prefire off the timer, but are you saying the
>OM4ti and OM3ti doesn' have mirror prefire to lock up the mirror?
>
>                    My understanding is that the mirror locks up just before
>the shutter releasces and drops after the shutter drops.
>             Thanks in advance!
>
>                    J.S.

J.S.
The self-timer performs a combined action of locking up the mirror and
stopping down the aperture to whatever is selected on the lens.  This is
the case with the OM-2S and OM-4(x). The mirror locks up as soon as the
self-timer is actuated and is held there until the self-timer sequence has
run its course and the shutter fires. Same thing with the aperture stopdown
part.

There is no self-timer on the OM-3(x).

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA