Re: [OM] some questions

Subject: Re: [OM] some questions
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:49:48 -0600
Well, others will probably answer with better 'which lens is better' from
the technical point of view, all I can share is my opinions.

The tradeoff, for me, between the faster and slower versions of most Zuikos
is actually weight.  The faster lenses are bigger and heavier than the
slower lens.  For example, the 135 2.8 is 7mm longer, but more importantly
70gm heavier than the 135 3.5.  The 2.8 also uses 55mm filters, rather than
the 49mm that the 50 uses.  On the 28's:

28/2            250gm, 43mm long
28/2.8        170, 32
28/3.5        180, 31

For that one, the 2.8 is actually just a little lighter, but not so much
faster that I would sell one to get the other, unless you find a good deal.

I find myself torn with similar questions, as I am shrinking my collection.
Do I keep the fast one (and its associated cost) or the slow, lighter one.
I haven't answered that one myself yet.

Tom