Re: [OM] Re: Enough, was, [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Enough, was, [OT]
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:29:49 -0800
Part of what Dirk wrote,

====Well, if we were all face to face in a nice warm pub somewhere, do you
think that the subject of conversation would stick to which lens is
better, which ttl cord to use, and spot metering? Hell no. We're all
human, I think, and have a natural interest in each other as just
people. Our mutual interest in OM gear is just a starting point for the
conversation in my opinion. I've been on a lot of different email
lists, and the conversation ranges all over the map. I would be a more
lonely person without the community of this list. I don't care if we
argue about SUV's, religion or guns, it's all part of the human
condition. And, yes, this is an informal club, not an online reference
encyclopedia.====

So true, but if this was a camera club and not a pub
what would the conversation be?
Also I would not talk so loud at a pub that everyone in the place
could hear me weather they were interested or not.
The sign on this door reads "olympus@zuiko"
not "The four Kegs".

Just to beat this to death, I have had continuing conversation off list with
several members and have also met and done business with a few.
If someone has a shared interest that pops up on list it could be taken off
list.
I just haven't been able to fit my interest in Magic into any threads yet.
(Till now). ;-)

Charlie