[OM] List content and handheld night shooting

Subject: [OM] List content and handheld night shooting
From: "Higgins, Michael (Ex AS01)" <michael.higgins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:10:12 +1100

<snip>

> That is part of the problem, not changing the header.
> The header for the thread in question should have been
> changed some time ago.  OT just isn't enough.
> It takes very little time to update a header and can only
> be done by the person responding.  Self discipline is the key.

Thanks for the biggest chuckle I've had out of the list for a while.

Personally I think that OT is enough.  This list has been up to 500T for
years and guaranteed to fill up any spare time during a subscribers day.  It
provides a way for listees to get to know each other far better than a
restriction to simply OM - and thereby creating the sense of community that
is the real treasure of the list.  I know I'm just a anonymous lurker 990f
the time, but I sure feel like I know some of you guys pretty well. Self
discipline is not something I have ever associated with the oly list! -
(except maybe as a ADITL theme?) ;-)

I think my least favourite type of post is the "this list is not what it was
in the good ol' days" post (I don't think it is supposed to be)... Followed
by the "I wish everyone would stop posting blah blah blah" type posts...
(whoops - I'm treading a fine line here).

Oly content (to keep Mr Briggs happy) : I shot a roll of 1600 fuji colour
print film the other night with OM-2000 / 24, 2.5 and 50, 1.8 all hand held.
Subject was mainly an amusement park at night (Luna Park Sydney) - with lots
of reflections-in-puddles type shots.  It was fun, but I think if I was to
do it again I'd do it in black and white and print myself to dodge some of
the pavement to show the texture.  Also use a tripod and a finer film.  (but
everytime I carry a tripod in sydney I get heckled - anyone else have that
trouble?  The film coped ok until there were lots of interesting colours
close together.  Then it became a grey smudge.

Cheers,

Mike