Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")
From: atk@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 14 Mar 2000 17:05:56 -0000
I suspect that in the end digital will be the end of film. However, when
the end will be is another issue. Current digital cameras produce subpar
images compared to 35mm when enlarged sufficiently (and even worse performance
compread to large format cameras) but I assume that as technology improves you
will end up with digital cameras that have higher resolution than 35mm (and
even large format camera) in a 35mm package (no more lugging that 4x6 to get
better resolution) and you will also due away with the lost of sharpness from
basic film process.

However, I do agree with the original comment that too many choices for colour
balance is not good. It would be nice if you had default colour choices that
worked much like what you get from selecting different films. I guess choice
is good but it is too confusing -- and most of all there should be a 'match
nature' choice.

Well -- anyways a point contradicting the posters view.