Re: [OM] OM-700?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-700?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:29:35 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 3:51 PM

> Per dreamt:
>
> :Has anyone heard of an OM-700 with construction year 1998?     ;)
> :Check out
> :http://www.bid2day.com/campaign/v_campaign_info.asp?campaign_id=74363
> :Maybe it is the prototype of the OM-707?  Any wild guesses?   :))
>

> With a construction year of 1998, and a new price of 2500:- we can only come
> to the conclusion that this must be the professional version of the OM-707:-
> so you *must* bid on it, Per.

The price may be *new* Hans, but the camera certainly is old.   ;-)
Imagine that you're right, how do you explain that the professional version came
before the "P & S" version?   :-)

Even if_there_was a professional version of OM-707 it would probably have the
same
slow AF, so I'm not sure I would be interested. Now, if the seller can prove it
was made in 1998...

>Btw, does 'inbyggd blixt' mean that this is a
> 'fantastic camera'? :-

No, it just mean 'built-in flash' (obviously one of the few things the seller
was
correct about). Now, why doesn't a seller appear to have the slightest knowledge
of a camera that he's put up on the net? I don't know the eng term for
'stöldgods', but maybe you can figure out what it mean...      ;-)

/Per