[OM] Re: Leap year Surprises

Subject: [OM] Re: Leap year Surprises
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 00:05:46 -0800
First, let me thank everyone for all of the kind words.   Things have
finally started to resemble some form of order around here.
        My Wife (Angela) ended up with pneumonia and that and the migraines
kept her there until Sunday afternoon.  Nicole was declared fit to go
home Thursday (no one at the Hospital thought they would split mother
and daughter, but the bean counters did not think to ask).  We were told
Friday Nicole should have gone home Thursday and we may be liable for
the cost of the extra day's stay.  The Doctors and Nurses all did what
they could to "justify" the extra day and in they end I think the
Hospital may "eat" the loss for us.
        I have learned a new respect for all new mothers,  Since I was home
with my two year old and the new born, I don't think I got any sleep
that first night.  Thanks to friends and family I was given five hours
the second night.  And even with that I don't know how moms keep it up
for weeks on end.
        I don't know what "normal" will be like around here in the future, but
its not going top be anything like I expected.  Once again thanks to
all, I spent many of hours catching up on the digests and private
e-mails from list members with Nicole on my shoulder trying to get her
to sleep.  Maybe Zuikoholism can also be a form of therapy for new
parents, I sure enjoy using my stuff on them.

Mike (Proud member of the F.O.O.D. group) Butler