Re: [OM] what flash cord?

Subject: Re: [OM] what flash cord?
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:55:00 -0800 (PST)
On 7 Mar 2000, Christopher Biggs wrote:

>Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
>thusly:
>
>> What cords are needed to plug a T32 (or any other for that matter) to the
>> little socket inside the X/FP selector on an -1n? That way, I can have off
>> camera flash, and more importantly, use the T32 with the Exa. You see, the
>> Zuiko primes are way to sharp for portraits, and the Domiplan on the Exa,
>> with a nice case of fungus, has yielded some very nice pics :))
>
>That's a standard PC socket (the etymology of 'PC' is unclear, but
>many say it stands for Prontor-Compur).  Any old flash cord will
>work.  As it's only two pins, there's no TTL automation (but then
>neither is there on an OM-1).

Gotcha. Anyone here have any extra they'd sell?

>Does the T32 have a PC socket on it?  My T20 does not.  The solution
>is a "cold-shoe to hot-shoe adapter", which is a tiny widget that fits
>in a flash shoe, has a hot-shoe on top, and a short cable coming out
>the side with a PC plug on it.  I mount the shoe adaptor on my flash
>bracket, plug the cable into the camera, and mount the flash on the
>adaptor.

It does not, so I'll need this little thingy as well.

>The shoe adapter should cost under $20.  A PC cable (which is needed
>if you want to move the flash further away than the short cable on the
>adaptor permits) should be even cheaper.

Great, thanks. If anyone has above mentioned items, please let me
know. Much easier than going around digging or eBay.

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!