Re: [OM] 21mm f 3.5 and B+W SLIM C-POL

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm f 3.5 and B+W SLIM C-POL
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:56:14 EST

> 3.  Open the back and carefully look through the film gate and wide open
>  diaphragm, especially at the corners.  If you line up the corner and edges
>  of the film gate with the diaphragm you should not see any blockage from
>  the lens ring on the front of the lens (or in this case the filter ring).
>  Any blockage is likely vignetting.  The amount of vignetting (severity) can
>  be estimated by how much of the aperture area is blocked.
>  4.  If any vignetting is seen, then gradually stop down until it is gone.
>  This is the widest aperture without vignetting and will also give you an
>  idea of how severe it is.

I was going to suggest this test but John beat me to it. If you look through
the corners of the film opening with the back of the camera and shutter open,
and directing the camera and lens at a bright light, it is either a no or
no-go situation.  I haven't had any vignetting with my Pentax 49mm wide angle
linear or the Minolta 49mm wide angle circular polarizer.

Warren