Re: [OM] An exciting day

Subject: Re: [OM] An exciting day
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:42:02 -0500
What I meant was: when you turn it on, the lens should come about 1/2 inch,
the same as any IS-1, 2 or 3.   It should NOT zoom all the way out like an
IS-10, 20 or 30.  After you turn an IS-1 on, the zoom button should allow
you to fully extend or retract the lens, without film .  IS-10 etc. zoom all
the way out because the lens is a completely different design.
Some IS-1s, 2s and 3s  due to the way the camera was turned off after
rewinding the previous roll, won't allow the lens to zoom unless the film
door has been opened and closed, allowing the camera to run through a

Try this with an IS-1.  Shoot a short dummy roll,  rewind film.
Open back, remove film.  WITHOUT CLOSING BACK, remove batteries.  Then close
back and insert batteries.  Turn camera on and try to use zoom.

The other test is to rewind a roll of film and without taking film out of
camera, try to zoom or fire the release.
John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com