RE: [OM] Tamron SP 24-48

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron SP 24-48
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:56:11 -0500
Warren,
I have the 19-35 Phoenix.  I love it even though there is some barrel
distortion.  It is a great range for me to work with.  I shot some photos of
our church with it and the photos were used for a publicity brochure and the
basis for a wooden model of the church.  Lots of folks commented on the
quality of the photo (no one said anything about the quality of the
photographer).

I used the lens on a trip last year, bought it new and crossed my fingers.
It worked great.
I think I read somewhere after I got the lens that it should be one of the
best ones Samyang manufactures.  I also see that Tokina is also selling the
same lens now, too.

I don't have $.02 of info on the Tamron, just the
Phoenix/Vivitar/Tokina/Samyang.  However, since it is an SP version, you
likely couldn't go wrong.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

I found one of these in a local store and am considering picking it up.  Has
anyone been able to test this on their camera?  It comes with the special
tulip hood but seems to have no good method of attaching filters to it. 24mm
is one of my favorite focal lengths. Maybe I should buy one of those
Vivitar/Phoenix 19-35 zooms instead?  Any comments?  PS I already have Zuiko
primes in this area but it would be nice for a walking-around lens.  My
previous favorite zoom was the VIvitar S1 24-70 basket case which I am
donating to Bruce K. who wants to put it back together.

Warren