[OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter

Subject: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:51:02 -0800 (PST)
Time to get some advice from the sage (dare I say old? <grins ducks and
runs>). As my last photo assignment (library) made it all to clear, it's
time to get a good tripod and head. That, and a handheld meter (mostly to
use with a freshly acquired Ihagee Exa
<http://www.cameraquest.com/exa1.htm>.

For tripod, I'm definitely going to buy used if I can find something good,
or wait a bit longer and get new if there's nothing that suits me. I'm 6ft
tall, and would like to minimize center column extension. Not sure yet,
but likely heading the Bogen way, or Gitzo. Weight is not much of a
concern as long as it's stable (sorry Giles, your boulders don't come in
anodized black :) besides, california is land of earthquakes).

As for heads, don't tripods come with at least a standard pan/tilt head or
it is "each sold seperately"?

Lightmeter: probably buy used again, simply to increase
bang-for-the-buck; as long as things are functional, I'm happy. I suppose
most handheld types are both reflective/incident. The lower it can read,
the better as I have a penchant for night available light shots. I'm open
to both the older analog/dial variants and new digi-output models.

Any advice you can dispense regarding these items would be much
appreciated. Thanks,

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!