Re: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?

Subject: Re: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry or not?
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:28:24 -0500
One suggestion I have read is to fill in any scratches on a lens with
fine black paint to reduce any effects. Better use an "000" brush
with spottone or waterpaint, so you can wash mistakes away. Adding a
water-wetter such as Foto-flo should avoid beading problems.

Tom

On 19 Feb 00, at 12:20, Morgan Sparks spoke about
*Re: [OM]Scratch on 90(2), to worry ..* saying

Tatu Laitinen wrote:

> my valuable 90mm
> f2 macro has a tiny (5mm long & very thin), scratch on the middle of  > the
> rear element!!!!

I don't think it will affect your pictures.  I've got some lenses with
some really marked up front elements that still are sharp and
contrasty.  I've been told the rear element is more critical, but your
blemish sounds minor enough not to worry.