Re: [OM] Olympus FTL Repairs

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus FTL Repairs
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:39:51 -0800
While bench testing some OM bodies, I discovered an FTL carcass at my
repairman's shop. He's been into them over the years (= has more
carcasses, which obviously could be good or bad depending on how one
looks at it) and characterizes their internals as "fussy work." Fussy
work always commands higher bench charges, but he took on the job of our
List subscriber.  It didn't hurt to show him the latest market values on
FTL stuff!

Don't everyone put in a repair request, though.  I reckon I could feed
him one of these ever two months before he would say "No more!"  The
thing about a one man shop is that they don't want to get tied down with
a bunch of real labor intensive jobs and have to put up with irate
customers who have quick jobs but which are getting delayed.  A "fussy"
job has a way of getting out of hand and it can be hard to recoup ones
time if it went harder than estimated.  But on the other hand, I think
an occasional challenge can keep their job interesting.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV