[OM] Re: Olympus FTL Repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus FTL Repairs
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:56:15 EST
I don't know if this question has been answered by anyone else on the list,
but as to the person who wondered if Photosphere in Dallas will work on an
FTL, I called this morning.  The person who answered didn't know what an FTL
was, but asked around, and said that one of their repairmen, Clint, does work
on these.  She opined that parts are probably not still available, but that
he could address mechanical issues.  She also said that if you mail the
camera to them, they will tell you if they can fix it, and give you an
estimate of the likely charge.  If they determine that they cannot fix it,
they will return it to you without charge.  She also advised that if they are
able to work on it, wait time could be a couple of months, but from my
experience, I know this is their usual policy (they are a warrantly Oly
station, and are obligated to turn those jobs around within a much shorter
time frame.)

They do not have a toll-free line, but you can call them at (214) 352-8448.
I work within about 20 minutes of their shop, so if someone outside the D/FW
Metroplex had an issue that needed to be handled in person, I could probably
be talked into running over there on a lunch hour, on a reasonable time
frame. :-)

Regards,

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX