Re: [OM] Little Gold Labels

Subject: Re: [OM] Little Gold Labels
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:20:51 +0000
Susan,

All but one of pieces of Japanese camera gear still have the labels.  I
won't deliberately remove them, but the one that finally fell off didn't
break my heart either.  Doesn't bother me whether they stay on or not.

I have seen advertising, some on eBay, touting such great condition that
the original gold inspection label is still on the item and in "minty"
condition.  I suppose for some potential buyers it's a sign of great care
and/or little use even though it doesn't affect form, fit or function one iota.

The "glass case collectors" will certainly downgrade the value of an item
for *anything* that is not in absolutely perfect condition as if the item
were new, including an intact inspection label.  We're not talking Nikon SP
fanatacism with any of the OM hardware yet, are we.  Maybe someday with the
M-1, OM-1, OM-1n and perhaps the OM-2.

-- John