[OM] Om 1 flash defect

Subject: [OM] Om 1 flash defect
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:45:00 +0100
Hi,

I have a what seems to be a periodic problem with an OM 1, as it sometimes
does not sync the flash correctly. The flash fires, but the picture is
black, as no flash reaches the film. This happens on some pictures on a
film, while others are exposed correctly.

Has anybody had a similar problem, and can anyone tell me what causes it
and how it can be cured?

It happens on a camera I sold to a guy. I had got it from a collection I
bought, and I had not used it before selling it, but I ran a test roll to
check it before I sold it and found everything functioning OK.
This problem caused him to lose some of his pictures of reptiles in
Thailand, so of course he was pretty disappointed. He did not blame me,
though, but I certainly do not like the thought of having sold a camera
that did not function 100 0K.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Lars