RV: [OM] Zuiko 28 - 48 f 4

Subject: RV: [OM] Zuiko 28 - 48 f 4
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:02:32 +0100

 John, thanks for your answer.

 Obviously, on a landscape, you read more sky on 28mm than on 48 mm, but
 this is not the matter. The matter is the difference of light from a 28mm
 (Fix) to other 28mm (Zoom) on the same scene.

 I meter the light on manual mode (OM 4), as I do with the 28 f2 and with
 the 28 f2.8. For the same scene the zoom 28-48 show on the meter scale 2/3
 more of light, Tryin to espose perfect, I close the diafragm a little bit
 until I read a perfect exposure on the viewfinder and shot. This will be a
 slide
 dark, underexposed. (logicaly 2/3 underexposed).

 During the last times I work with this zoom overespos. 1/3 when I shot on
 35mm and overexpos. 2/3 when I shot on 28mm, but I don´t like this way.

 My simple question is:

 Why the Zoom on 28 mm show me in the viewfinder 2/3 more of light than the
 Zuiko 28 f2 and the Zuiko 28 f 2.8 (over the same scene)?

 Why this zoom 28-48 on 35 mm show me in the viewfinder 1/3 more of light
 than my Zuiko 35 f 2 or my Zuiko 35 f 2.8 (over the same scene) ?

 I guess it can be a defect (fault) on the zoom, but I have two zooms 28-48
 and both 28-48 have the same defect. This is the reason for ask if
somebody
 have this problem with this zoom 28-48 f 4.

 (I have never seen this defect on other Zuiko zoom).

 Thanks again

 Ángel Lobo.
 CUENCA (Spain)