[OM] Low light experiment, OM w/300

Subject: [OM] Low light experiment, OM w/300
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:29:13 -0700
Good Day to all;

I was actually fortunate enough to use  my OM equipment last night.  My
daughter had an orchestra concert, so I took the OM4t and 300f4.5 and
shot from the back of the cafeteria where they played.  It was lit with
the  usual flourescent lights so I tried Fuji Neopan 1600 rated at 800,
used the average reading for the scene as measured by the OM4t and 300
set at 5.6 which equaled 1/15 sec. (PS) I am too old and shaky to hand
hold at this setting so I used a monopod, the Slik Litely Pod II.

I shall process it today in Ilford Ilfotec-DDX, a new formulation of
Ilfords fine grain/high speed/push processing developer.  I will split
the roll and process 1/2 at the time recommended for 800, and  the
remainder at the time recommended for 1600.

I will post the results later this week.  Ilfotec-DDX is specially
formulated for high film speeds and push processing. Recommended for
max. speed with Delta and T-Max films.  In fact, Delta 3200 can be
pushed to 25,000 with a 22 minute developing time.

At any rate, we will see how this combination works.

Best to all, Mike