Sv: [OM] Lens hoods--100F2.0 and others?

Subject: Sv: [OM] Lens hoods--100F2.0 and others?
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:54:38 +0100
Hello Alex

I have used the 100 mm/F2 for 2-3 years now with a non-original rubber
hood, longer than the built-in one. I don't know exactly what it is for, no
print on the hood. I bought it because I felt the built-in hood was to
short to be really good.
I have not made any test of the two hoods against each other, though, so
how much difference it really does, I don't know. In theory, a longer hood
ought to give better protection against flare.

Lars

> Fra: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
> Til: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Emne: [OM] Lens hoods--100F2.0 and others?
> Dato: 14. februar 2000 00:04
>
> I am certain that the built in lens hood of the 100F2.0 is inadequate,
and
> plan to try alternatives--such as the metal Zeiss hood for the 85F2.8
Sonar