RE: [OM] albinar flash?

Subject: RE: [OM] albinar flash?
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:41:18 -0500
Albinar flash units are a third tier product line.  Below Vivitar, Sunpak,
etc.  in quality.
Sounds like guide # might be 120 (similar to a Vivitar 283 or Sunpak 422).
It would be good to know the angle of coverage, my guess is, it's likely
35mm.
Guess as to price  -  maybe $20 to $40.
I think Albinar was marketed by Best Products.

The dual flash makes it sound like some of the Promaster flash units (5700)
that have a second small flash unit built into the front of the unit.
That small flash puts out light towards subject, while main flash can bounce
or swivel off another surface for more even light.  Good principle.
Flash units like this can have option to turn off the second flash if not
needed.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx