Re: [OM] filter value of red and yellow filters in 16/3.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] filter value of red and yellow filters in 16/3.5?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:03:22 -0800
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone know offhand the filter values for the built in filters
on the zuiko 16/3.5? In particular, how should I compensate  when
shooting Infrared (i.e. EIR, and HIE) film?

Unless you're going to shoot the whole roll with the fisheye, or don't care about color consistency between lenses, I'd try a shutter-gate filter instead. The the proper Wratten gel filter, cut it to fit between the film guide rails, and carefully tape it in place.

This has the added advantage that the viewfinder image is unaffected.

Make sure it doesn't bow out and touch the film. The only problem I've had with this is some Newton rings in light areas, but it isn't consistent, so my theory is that temperature changes caused the filter to expand and touch the film.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>