[OM] Nikon has a photo class they are offering Nation Wide

Subject: [OM] Nikon has a photo class they are offering Nation Wide
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:41:47 -0600
Leave to the big three and Nikon is one of the three SLR manufacturers that
actually have a heavy weight marketing department.

I received through a mailing (that someone sold w/my name on it) that Nikon
is offering a sponsored photography course that cost $99.00 and the fee
includes lunch and a 157 page Nikon School handbook, which they note the
book that comes with the course is a $24.95 value.

The courses are being offered at a variety of cities, 18 to be exact, from
January through October 2000.

I am not promoting this offer however I thought to myself , what a great
strategy to offer a course to lure prospective photographers to pursue
photography and perhaps a Nikon camera.  Why doesn't Olympus care about
this?  It's called gaining market share.

I hate to get on my horn again about this subject, but If I were an Olympus
Executive, I would look to hire some people perhaps directly off this site
that show a passion for the name brand of Olympus and it's rich history.
There are excellent candidates out there they would be pretty good and you
guys know who you are.

I just do not understand the strategy behind sitting Idle...

Oh Well,

Sam....