[OM] Value of an OM-3Ti

Subject: [OM] Value of an OM-3Ti
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:13:13 -0600
I'm interested in the group's opinions on an Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=254053082

The seller and I had been emailing last week and negotiating on the package,
but were just too far apart and I passed. He wouldn't come below $1750 and I
couldn't make the math work.  My challenge is that I'm not positive of what
the 3Ti is worth.  I want one, just because I want one, and I'm interested
in the 85 f/2 also.  The rest I'd sell.  I'd love everyone's opinion,
privately if you prefer.

Here's the way my math works:

OM-3Ti        - ?
85 f/2            - $190    - Ebay average is about $220
50 f/1.4        - $45        - Ebay average is about $60
35 f/2            - $175    - Ebay average is around $200
28 f/3.5        - $45     - Ebay average is around $60
Winder 1        - $25    - Probably worth more, but I just have too many
Motor Drive 1    - $125 - Mostly a guess, I paid more for mine, but have an
MD2 and don't need it

So, that says that if I get it for, say, $1400, that makes the 3Ti $795,
which seems steep.

In a related question, if anyone would be interested in any of the pieces,
let me know how much they're worth to you and I'll factor that in my
bidding. As I mentioned, all I really want is the 85 f/2 and the 3Ti as I
have one of everything else on the list.

Hope this is not too off-topic or too annoying.  I suspect I'll just pass.
I'm not sure he'll meet his reserve, so maybe he'll negotiate more if he
doesn't.

Thanks to all.

Oh, by the way, nothing that I did worked to unfreeze the 4T, including
carefully removing the bottom plate.  I'm going to package it up and send it
off to Camtech, hopefully on Monday.  I emailed with the seller, and he
indicated he didn't have any problems with it, which I believe, as he's been
honest and fair in the transaction.  He offered to split the repair cost
with me, which is very fair, as I knew the risk when I bought used
equipment. Even with the cost of a CLA, assuming its not much more than
that, I got a great deal.

Thanks,

Tom