[OM] ......... the R100 delivers.........

Subject: [OM] ......... the R100 delivers.........
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:06:57 +0800
Dear friends.......
I just collected my 12 rolls of colour prints from a so called "quality
monitored lab"....
and wow !!!! the pics from the Leica R100/2.8 APO Macro are simply
spectacular.... and all these were shot with only Fuji ASA200 and ASA400
colour print film..... I can only imagine the slow chromes will look even
more impressive .........

Compared against the R50 and the R28, the R100 pics consistently stood out,
the colours are so punchy...

Fill flash on P mode was a tad harsh for my liking...... Can anyone tell me
how to tone this down ?

The R28 was also nice but I noticed that only evenly illuminated scenes were
very impressive........ I am biased to think that its more of a printing
'error'.......

Almost all shots were taken in 'P' mode. All were filter-less.

The spider shots were out of focus cos I remembered spending a long time
trying to focus in an impossible situation, very windy, and the spider and
cobwebs were fluttering with the wind. I am also amazed that the web can
withstand the forces.....
I only got one tack sharp photo of the lot.... (took 6 or 7)..... Its the
Golden Orb spider....

The dragonfly series were nice, even tho not up to 1:1 magnification, the
veins of the transparent wings were clearly discernible...... just like the
spider web itself.......

The Green Tree frogs series of pics were very good, despite the really
scratched surface of the acrylic tank..... those pics at an angle (with
fill-flash) were unaffected by any flare / glare from the acrylic
panel.......

As mentioned to Ken Wilcox and Arne Helme, the R100 will bring quiet
satisfaction .... as expected......

and it has......

Erwin Puts said that the new M90 ASPH has replaced this R100 in optical
excellence,....... I can't imagine how spectacular the results will be.....,
guess the only way is to buy the M6 like I was supposed to ...... and try
the M90 for size..........

Peace
TM ( short of adjectives ) Lee