Re: [OM] circuit to measure shutter speed

Subject: Re: [OM] circuit to measure shutter speed
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:37:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Wayne Shumaker wrote:

> For those with an interest in electronics: A friend here at work just
> showed me an article in the March issue of "Electronics World" for a
> circuit that measures camera shutter speeds. It can measure the travel
> time of both shutter curtains.

Any chance of us Brits seeing a copy?  I'd be quite interested in having
a go at building one.  The more usual, simple method is to use a
photodetector connected to an oscilloscope and put it behind the
shutter.  This will measure exposure time at one point in the frame.
You could detect differences in curtain speed by testing at different
points along the curtain travel, of course.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |