Re: [OM]OM Advertising & Loyalty questions

Subject: Re: [OM]OM Advertising & Loyalty questions
From: Alasdair.Mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 13:16:59 +1100
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>

> Also has anyone used both the Nikon F3 and the OM3.  Since I've been
> borrowing idle sitting fisheye lenses (for VR) from the owner of the
> studio. I was thinking about getting a Nikon body so that I don't
> always have to borrow one to use with these lenses. He's got an F3 in
> almost mint condition for $500. I just wonder if I will enjoy using it
> as much as my OM3, by for the best body I've ever shot
> with.

Nikon's F-series cameras are nothing if not Dependable and Rugged, although the
price of that solidity is a considerable amount of extra weight. After an OM
body, an F-series will seem either reassuringly large and solid, or too big and
heavy, depending on how you view these things.

I have an F and an F2, which are all-mechanical cameras. The F3 has an
electronic shutter and offers aperture-priority exposure mode. They all lack
some of the features of an OM-3 (in particular the spot metering) but add others
(e.g. interchangeable viewfinders).

As an alternative, a Nikon FM (mechanical) or FE (electronic) would be closer in
size and weight to an OM.

Alasdair