Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 28F1.9 and 135F2.3?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 28F1.9 and 135F2.3?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:08:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience or recall any tests on these lenses?  Are
> they sharp, contrasty or what?

I have a 28/1.9.  It's pretty sharp and gives good contrast as long as
there are no light sources in the picture, when it will flare a lot.
Its major defect though is the pronounced pincushion distortion.

Having said that, I'm quite happy with mine. I got it because I wanted a
wide-angle to use hand-held or on a monopod indoors in low light.  For
what I'm using it for mostly the pincushion doesn't matter at all and
the flare is mostly hidden.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |