Re: [OM] Polarizing filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizing filters
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:44:47 EST

>  I have always used normal linear polarizing filters, also with the OM4 and
>  OM 2 S, though you are supposed to use circular filters with cameras with
>  spot metering (and auto focus). I have never had any problems with this, my
>  pictures are exposed OK, but have I just been lucky? Should I invest in
>  circular filters?
>
>  Lars

I have also with the OM4 and 2S and haven't had a problem. But I haven't run
any critical tests and the best shots always get bracketed anyway.  You can
test the difference between vertical and horizontal polarizations by turning
the orientation of the camera (letting the polarizer turn also) and watching
the metering system react. That way you can judge the amount of polarized
light and expose accordingly. There's usually little difference except for
light coming off of reflected water.

Warren