[OM] Re: Reala

Subject: [OM] Re: Reala
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 18:32:01 -0500 (EST)
> Around here, Reala became "Superia Reala" about 3-6 months after Superia
> came out, but we still have both a Superia 100 and Superia Reala. I also
> agree Reala is the best print film I've used, and displaces my favourite old
> Ektar of years ago.

The original "Reala" has now become classified as a professional film and
can be found in the refrigerated section along with other professional
emulsions.  The "Superia Reala" is supposedly the consumer version of Reala,
but I have my doubts that it's the same as the old consumer Reala.
Unfortunalty the professional Reala is now priced at around $12CDN for a
roll of 36 (it used to be about half that when it was consumer grade)
so I've switched back to using Royal Gold.  If it wasn't for the price, I
too would prefer Reala.
                                -mark