RE: [OM] Heads up on eBay for 2gabe's OM4 (again)...

Subject: RE: [OM] Heads up on eBay for 2gabe's OM4 (again)...
From: "Gripp, William [NCSUS]" <WGRIPP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:58:14 -0500
>From what I've seen, "safeharbor" seems to protect SELLERS more than BUYERS.

---If you're high bidder and the seller complains you haven't completed the
auction, seller doesn't get charged and "safeharbor" slaps buyer with a
demerit.  3 demerits and you're deactivated for 30 days.  4 and you're gone.

---If you're high bidder and the seller doesn't complete the deal,
safeharbor just sends you the form letter stating that they can't do
anything to FORCE a seller to sell.  As long as the seller pays eBay for the
listing fee, I don't think eBay really cares if they sell the item or not.
So aaasd/2gabe/"whatever he's called this week" just keeps listing but never
selling the OM4.  eBay get a listing fee each time.  Isn't it in their best
interest (financially) if he never sells it?  Think of all the listing fees
they are collecting on the SAME camera?

Face it, eBay is like a Real Estate broker, even if you are the buyer, their
own interest lies with the seller.