Re: [OM] IR absorptive material

Subject: Re: [OM] IR absorptive material
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:49:09 EST
>I think the usual recommendation for this is the black-coated backing
>paper from 120 rollfilm.
>
>Ordinary white paper is going to reflect IR (along with visible light)
>back through the film.
\\\

I was going to use black "construction" paper, which is about the same
thickness as 120 roll film backing. I'm thinking of getting a OM1 and
modifing it for IR use. This would mean put paper over the pressure
plate and taping a polyester 87 filter material over the shutter
opening. Of course, making sure that the foam is replaced is also
important.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright