Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:07:07 EST
Hi Rick,

     My opinion--if you are a light user and plan to use only one camera body
then I would recommend the OM2000.  If you are a heavy user and plan to also
own the OM4, 2S or 3, then I would pick the OM1. Why? My own unfortunate
experience with another Cosina body (the Canon T60) has soured me a bit on
cheap camera bodies in general. Plus the "feel" on the OM1 is superb--a kind
of Leica like, tactile sensation. My OM1 serves as a back-up, lens mechanism
exerciser, and cold weather body to my OM4.

Alex

RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< OK troops. New guy needs some help.

 Actually tried to do my homework before exposing my ignorance to the list.

 I checked the FAQ's, surveyed the List archives, surfed the web... and still
don't know:

 Which is the better use of limited photo dollars - a OM 2000 (new) or a
OM-1 (used)?

 I currently own OM-1 MD's and lenses (and Pen FT* since the 60's), but know
nothing

 of the OM2000 (only what I could find and read... which mostly sounded like
press releases

 or "pontificator du jour" rather than users). Did note both cameras seem to
be running about

 the same in price. If it's been covered, will someone please direct me; if
not,  opinions please.

 Thank you.    Rick in Virginia

 *Any interest in the FT?