Re: Sv: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 - different versions? -Reply

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 - different versions? -Reply
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:36:00 -0800
From: WKato@xxxxxxx

...  Version 2,
in Adaptall,  was a beautiful (to everyone else but me who thought it was
ugly) olive green with internal focusing...
The word on the street is that V2 was the sharpest and originally came
with a matched 1.4X converter.

That's true. I love it. Wonderful bokeh. It also reduces (but not completely eliminates) the Zuiko 350/2.8 lust, especially after carrying each one a short distance.

Mine was a bit over a kilobuck, near-mint, including 1.4x, via eBay. They're out there -- sit, wait, watch, pounce! :-)

The only bad thing I can say about the lens is the case is poorly constructed, and fell apart on its first extended trip in the field (a week at Crater Lake). I've replaced it with a LowePro soft case that will attach to a Trekker and even has room to leave a body or hood attached (but not both).

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>