Re: [OM] 35-80 bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80 bokeh
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:55:41 EST
While I have no personal experience to back this up, a careful review of the
MTF curves posted by PHOTODO.COM, appear to suggest that the bokeh of the
35-80F2.8 zoom is at least very good and perhaps even excellent at it's max
setting of 80! If you look at the curves, they track very closely (the solid
and dashed lines overlaying each other) at both F2.8 and F8.0 settings. In
fact at F8.0, the zoom is better in this regard than either the 90 or 100 F2
Zuikos! Wide open at 35 and 50, the zoom still appears to be very good.

But this is only a guess on my part--a "wag"! The only reference, I have seen
between bokeh and MTF is in the Canon EF LENS WORK book.

Alex