Re: [OM] 50mm comparo

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm comparo
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:19:05 +0000
I have scanned the MTF results from an AP test of the OM3Ti, Contax RTS III
and Leica R8. I posted a few notes from the test when it appeared (July
1999), but recent discussion of MTF etc. prompted me to scan the graphs.

While paper results might lead one to think the Zuiko loses out, it should
be noted that the OM3Ti clinched the AP verdict. It had the highest
proportion of correctly exposed slides: "Price and specification aside, the
camera produced images as good as, if not consistently better than the other
cameras - despite the fact that its original design may be a little long in
the tooth."

While I'm not bashing other brands, surely this can add fuel to the argument
that this lens (and surely many other Zuikos) are more than up to the job.

Simon E.