Re: [OM] OM2n vs OM4 Opinion Sought - UPDATE

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n vs OM4 Opinion Sought - UPDATE
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:47:41 EST
WGRIPP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Acutally they are not priced the same, but I found a camera store that has
 an OM4 for the price other stores have OM2/OM2ns at.  Is there an easy way
 to tell if the OM4 suffers from the battery drain?  If it does, who can
 correct this and for how much? >>

William, for what it's worth, here is my take on the OM4 battery drain
problem. The batteries can be purchased for about US $1.30 each. An ice cream
cone costs about $1.30 for a large cone, and takes about 5 minutes to eat. I
get as much pleasure holding an OM4 in my hands and taking pictures with it
as I do eating an ice cream cone. My advice is to forget the battery drain
problem. If you have to replace them a little more frequently than normal, it
still is not a major problem if the camera is otherwise functional.

I have two OM4's and an OM2s (with the green light). I purchased one of the
OM4's and the OM2s for $200 each at a local pro-shop camera dealer and they
were both in EX+ condition. The OM2s uses batteries faster that the OM4's,
but nowhere near the speed that the $1.30 ice cream cone disappears. -- Buy
the OM4 and enjoy it.

Regards, Paul Connet